Tax Season Resources
We can read client QuickBooks files from any PC or Mac version of QuickBooks dated 2018 or 2019, and any QuickBooks Online file.
Using those versions, we suggest sending an "Accountant's File Copy" and a backup file with your original tax return information. We cannot read accountant's copies from earlier versions.
With an accountant's copy, we can input adjustments into the QuickBooks file, return it to our clients, and enable them to load the changes back into their QuickBooks file. This service allows our clients to feel secure knowing their adjustments are properly input into their records. While the backup file may seem redundant, it provides necessary information should the accountant's copy be corrupt.
For us to assist clients using QuickBooks Online, we must be invited to join. Click to view a video tutorial from Intuit on Inviting Your Accountant. Or you can perform the following steps:
- Sign in to your QuickBooks Online company.
- Click on the Gear Icon > Manage Users.
- Go to the Accountants section and click Invite Accountant.
- Enter as the accountant's email address and David Knoble as the name (optional). We will receive an email with a link for signing in to your company.
- We have a company account which will allow our staff to work together on your QuickBooks Online file.
- Until we sign in from your invitation, our status on the Manage Users page is "Invited." After accepting the invitation, their status changes to "Active."
- Click Next and Finish.
Please call us if you have any questions about getting us your QuickBooks information.